Re: [O] html5 generation minor bug

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: [O] html5 generation minor bug
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 07:20:12 +0530

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Rustom,
>
> Rustom Mody <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> When the html-doctype is set to html5 the generator still generates
>> name attributes in links which is not correct html5
>> http://dev.w3.org/html5/markup/a.html#a-constraints
>
> Can you give an example of what it does and what it should do?

Heres an org-file:
--------------
#+TITLE: Quotes and References
* Soul
:PROPERTIES:
:CUSTOM_ID: soul
:END:
Nobel prize winner Wislawa Szymborska's poem on
[[http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/a-few-words-on-the-soul/][the soul]]
is a
poet's way of showing how dualistic our habitual thinking is
--------------
This is as far as I can see the offending line produced by html generation
--------------
<h2 id="soul"><a id="sec-1" name="sec-1"></a><span
class="section-number-2">1</span> Soul</h2>
--------------
You can check for yourself
Generate the html yourself and use the validator here
http://validator.w3.org/check

Note 1. there are warnings, not errors
Note 2. Ive just cut out one sample from a file of mine. I could cut
down further

emacs version 24.3.1
org-version 8.2.4

emacs started with -Q
org put into path
then execute
(setq org-html-doctype "html5")

[On another note choosing xhtml doctype in 2013 seems a strange
default given that xhtml is one of those standards that 'never
happened'
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10281477-2.html
Of course I need to add the disclaimer that I know too little to
distinguish hype from fact in web matters]

Regards
Rusi

--
http://www.the-magus.in