Re: [O] feature request/discussion: org-forms

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] feature request/discussion: org-forms
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 15:21:42 +0100

Hi Khaije,

khaije rock <address@hidden> writes:

> I've found on some occasions that I wish for the ability to simply
> export my org-mode notes, (procedural instructions, status/inventory
> tables, work log)  into a simple fill-able form, (w/ content derived
> from the enclosed content and properties), and either print it or
> record inputs directly through the form in some organized way, (to a
> table perhaps) [fn:1] into emacs.

If I understand correctly, you may want "templates" -- i.e. an entry
skeleton that you can use for inserting data.

You might be interested in yasnippet:
  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Yasnippet

For something fancier like Org entry->HTML form, I guess you'll have
to hack something together.

HTH,

--
 Bastien