Re: [O] org-cycle-hook from org-mode hook

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] org-cycle-hook from org-mode hook
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 17:47:22 +0100

Hi François,

François Pinard <address@hidden> writes:

> I noticed a recent change in Org mode behaviour, which I guess is
> related to a "git pull" of the org-mode project.  This is so minor that
> it is hardly a problem for me, I only report it in case it would hint at
> some unwanted change that would have more consequences for others.

Thanks for reporting this.

The commit introducing the change must be this one:
http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=44acd000

> Opening an Org file in Emacs executes the hooks on org-mode-hooks.
> Previously, it also executed the hooks on org-cycle-hook, while now, I
> have the impression it does not anymore.  The solution is easy for me, I
> merely run my own Org cycle hook function from my main Org mode hook.

The function `org-set-startup-visibility' is always called when you
find an Org file interactively.  Previously, it used `org-cycle'
internally to set the visibility state.  Now it uses `org-content`
and `org-overview' instead, so that C-u C-u TAB always work.

I think it makes sense to call org-cycle-hooks *only* when cycling
manually, so the current behavior makes sense IMO.  Let me know if
you (or others) think otherwise.

--
 Bastien