Re: [O] bug in org-element-footnote-definition-parser?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] bug in org-element-footnote-definition-parser?
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 13:21:44 -0500

> Hello,
>
> Mark Edgington <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I have encountered the following error message when trying to export
>> to latex the attached example org file:
>>
>> org-element-footnote-definition-parser: Invalid search bound (wrong
>> side of point)

I 'm not sure but I believe this was a bug in emacs that Eli Zaretskii
fixed recently.  You will need to update your emacs. In the git mirror I
use, the commit appears like this:

commit b2b5f414358a7835b56613f67d2b0278ee804290
Author: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
Date:   Wed Jan 1 19:44:48 2014 +0200

    Fix bug #16265 with buffer caches when modifying text in indirect buffers.

     src/search.c (newline_cache_on_off, find_newline): In indirect
     buffers, use the newline cache of the base buffer.
     src/insdel.c (invalidate_buffer_caches): If BUF is an indirect
     buffer, invalidate the caches of its base buffer.
     src/indent.c (width_run_cache_on_off, compute_motion): In indirect
     buffers, use the width-run cache of the base buffer.
     src/xdisp.c (redisplay_window): When the window displays an indirect
     buffer, and the character widths in the display table have
     changed, invalidate the width-run cache of the corresponding base
     buffer.
     src/fileio.c (Finsert_file_contents): When invalidating the newline
     cache, consider the case of inserting into indirect buffer.
     src/bidi.c (bidi_paragraph_cache_on_off, bidi_find_paragraph_start):
     In indirect buffers, use the paragraph cache of the base buffer.

Nick