[O] Basic question re. spreadsheet function

From: Steve Dowe
Subject: [O] Basic question re. spreadsheet function
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 10:13:07 +0000

Hi all,

I'm testing out whether I can use a table in org as a project status tracker.  In col 6, I have the value of the project (e.g. 162.50) and in col 9, the status (e.g. quoted, approved, invoiced, closed, etc.)

I would like to see, at a glance, what the value of quoted work is, so I'm currently doing this in col 12 (pasted from formula editor):

# Column Formulas
$12 = if($9=quoted,$6,0)

( Col 9 in this instance contains "closed" and Col 6 contains 162.50. )

This formula results in the text

 closed = quoted ? 162.5 : 0

being displayed in col 12.  However, in another row where the col 9 does have the text "quoted", I get pretty much the result I'm looking for, e.g. "400." will appear in col 12 where I have 400.00 in col 6.

In the instance where the if test proves false, I would like a zero or nothing appearing.  The intention is to sum this column in a footer row.

I have consulted http://orgmode.org/manual/Formula-syntax-for-Calc.html#Formula-syntax-for-Calc but it contains a dead link (http://orgmode.org/calc/Logical-Operations.html#Logical-Operations) - making it harder to RTFM :-)

Thanks,
--
  Steve