Re: [O] Texlive packages in Gnus via Org

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Texlive packages in Gnus via Org
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 11:49:14 +0100

Hi Joseph,

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <address@hidden> writes:

> I wonder how it is possible to get png images in Gnus for everything
> that is created by latex, as it is possible already to get it for
> html
> via org export.

One indirect way is to run M-x org-preview-latex-fragment RET in a
buffer containing the equations, then inlining the .png files from
the ltxpng/ directory.

I can't think of something more direct right now.

> It could be very nice for the scientific community to get such a tool
> thanks to Gnus + Org.

By reading Cedric Villani last book, I was under the impression
that the whole scientific community was able to read TeX equations
directly, with no need of visual feedback ;)  But agreed, this
would be nice.

--
 Bastien