Re: [O] Buffer local alias?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Buffer local alias?
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 10:30:28 +0100

Nick Dokos wrote:
>> I read about defalias and saw that this should be used at the
>> point that the original definition is made, so I followed the pointer to
>> fset and naively tried this in the local variables:
>>
>> # eval: (and (boundp 'org-sbe) (not (boundp 'sbe)) (fset 'sbe 'org-sbe))
>> # eval: (sbe "setup-common-lisp)
>>
>> But this gets me the following error:
>>
>>   File local-variables error: (void-function sbe)
>>
>> Can someone offer a suggestion?

@Thomas: I just launch an idea: group the above two lines in one `progn'
construct?

> Use fboundp, instead of boundp: the latter checks the variable binding
> slot, whereas the former checks the function binding slot.

@Nick: I always thought that `boundp' checked in both variable and
function slots, not only in the variable slot. An attempt makes me think
you're right, but that's not what I understood from the docstring:

  ╭────
  │ boundp is a built-in function in `C source code'.
  │
  │ (boundp SYMBOL)
  │
  │ Return t if SYMBOL's value is not void.
  │ Note that if `lexical-binding' is in effect, this refers to the
  │ global value outside of any lexical scope.
  ╰────

Best regards,
  Seb

--