Re: [O] odt exporter on mixed org setup

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] odt exporter on mixed org setup
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 17:38:09 +0100

Jambunathan K writes:
> Rustom Mody <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I could check that org-odt-data-dir is coming in bound to
>> /usr/share/emacs/etc/org (which is non-existent) before the defvar in
>> ox-odt.el, so that defvar is not happening
>
>> And changing the prefix in local.mk does not seem to do anything
>
> Don't worry about the make file.  (It is difficult for the make file to
> cater to different distributions, different installations - git, release
> tar file etc)

Bzzt. Wrong.

The defaults are set up to work out-of-the box for most free systems
with minimal fuzz.  Instructions on how to change them if your system
looks different are included both in the manual and on Worg (which the
manual points to for details).  If people would stop listening to bad
advice and actually installed Org in the standard location, then they
wouldn't even need to modify their init files.

ELPA packages do as much as the current state of Emacs' packager allows,
but Org really isn't a good fit to it at the moment.  That said, a
recent Emacs combined with ELPA does work just fine.

Regards,
Achim.