Re: [O] M-right does not demote some subheadings in a region

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] M-right does not demote some subheadings in a region
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 16:51:05 +0100

Hi Samuel,

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems to work.  Thank you, Bastien.
>
> I wasn't sure if this was the same bug as Susan's, but it seems to
> be.

Yes it is.

> Why does folding affect semantics?

Folding affects any function that has to deal with the visibility
state of the text.

When promoting or demoting a (set of) subtree, tags get re-aligned
automatically.  Re-aligning tags possibly manipulates invisible text
(for example when the headline contains a bracket link), so that's
where the bug came from: after aligning the tags, the point was not
left where it should be, and some subtrees where skipped instead of
being promoted/demoted.

--
 Bastien