Re: [O] org export for both latex and beamer, a recipe?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] org export for both latex and beamer, a recipe?
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 12:27:41 +0100

Hi Joseph,

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <address@hidden> writes:

> It's very nice that an org file can be exported both to a .tex file with
> article class as well as to beamer class.
>
> Here is my question:  does anyone knows how mixing in  the same org file
> what is supposed to be in the paper.tex and what is only for a talk with help
> of beamer?
>
> I would  be very  happy to  be able to  write a  draft in  org-mode with
> saying to myself for example «this list  must be in my talk». But I know
> that showing a list  with beamer in a talk does  not require exactly the
> same properties than  writing a list for a paper  (with beamer class the
> exposition of the list can be dynamic).
> The best  would be to succeed  to write the  same org file, in  order to
> have only to change the Latex class: beamer or article, the export would
> make all. Is it possible?

This cannot be straightforward.

Maybe you can start a list of differences that you want to handle for
such a dual-target export?

Dynamic lists comes as one first example.

ox-beamer.el could have an option so that plain lists are always
converted as dynamic lists (using the <1-> <2-> syntax) -- one problem
would be solved, at least.

--
 Bastien