Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Move ox-koma-letter into core?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 19:31:50 +0100

Bastien writes:
> The separate repo could be a submodule of Org's core repo and its
> contents could even make it into the .tar.gz and .zip files.

I'd guess you haven't worked with submodules yet.

> 1) In the long run, maybe Org will be a submodule of Emacs Git repo.
>    Completely hypothetical, but that will not be feasible if the Git
>    repo contains contrib/.
>
> 2) In a far far galaxy, maybe Org will be stable enough to be
>    maintained only in Emacs.  So... what then ?  Some contrib/
>    directory lost in the space ?

Both options are undesirable, IMHO.  If you want to do something
sensible from the Emacs side, then get Emacs to spin out all "built-in"
packages that are not necessary for dumping Emacs to GNU ELPA and then
bundle them into the release from there.  That will demonstrate the
shortcomings of package manager as it exists today very clearly and
hopefully provide a strong push to fix it.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: