Re: [O] in LaTeX, how to start page numbering after TOC?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] in LaTeX, how to start page numbering after TOC?
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 08:26:39 +0000

Peter Salazar <address@hidden> writes:

> In export to LaTeX/PDF, has anyone had success in suppressing page
> numbering on the cover page and the Table of Contents, such that the first
> text section appears as Page 1?
>
> I tried adding this at the beginning of my document, but it had no effect:
>
> #+LATEX_CMD: \cleardoublepage
> #+LATEX_CMD: \pagestyle{headings}
> #+LATEX_CMD: \setcounter{page}{1}
> #+LATEX_CMD: \pagenumbering{arabic}

I don't know the CMD specification.  You probably should use
#+LATEX_HEADER instead.

Regardless, the issue is that those LaTeX commands affect the
/following/ pages only.  To change the style for the /current/ page, in
LaTeX, you need to use \thispagestyle as well as \pagestyle.  You
probably should not have the cleardoublepage command either.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.1, Org release_8.2.4-322-gece429