Re: [O] do not display certain TAGs in agenda

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] do not display certain TAGs in agenda
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 22:21:51 +0100

Hi David,

David Belohrad <address@hidden> writes:

> Now, tags MARS, 2013 and REFILABLE are 'common' tags I use when
> filtering for them, but generally I don't want to see them in the
> agenda. I'd like to see only tags starting with '#' or '@' as those
> identify to me projects and people involved. If I would be able to do
> it, my agenda view would become less messy.
>
> Is this possible?

See `org-agenda-hide-tags-regexp'.

If you want to hide "write" and "read",
you can set it like this

(setq org-agenda-hide-tags-regexp
   (regexp-opt '("write" "read")))

I also attach a patch that extends `org-agenda-remove-tags'
to accept a list of tags to remove.  This is a first step
in removing org-agenda-hide-tags-regexp, as I think both
options are somewhat redundant and we could make the users'
life easier here.

If other can test it and say if they use one of these options,
that'd be nice.

HTH,

 Bastien