Re: [O] Conditional source-block execution based on LaTeX document class

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Conditional source-block execution based on LaTeX document class?
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 17:36:57 +0100

Dnia 2014-01-26, o godz. 23:44:48
James Harkins <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):

> Just ran into something that I'm really not sure how to handle. I
> thought I could handle it with export filters, but actually it
> involves babel, and that makes it more involved than I initially
> suspected.
>
> I'm working on a large project involving five beamer presentations
> (one per day), and the sources for these will be combined into one
> massive beamerarticle document for the workshop attendees' reference.
> (If they want to print it out, it will look okay, but I won't
> encourage the killing of trees -- actually my early versions of the
> article layout looks fine on a tablet.)
>
> I'm using LaTeX's glossaries package for indexed references at the
> end. But, \newglossaryentry is really annoying. So I made some org
> tables for the glossary entries and I wrote some emacs-lisp src
> blocks to convert them into the right syntax for LaTeX. So here's the
> problem...
>
> In the individual beamer slideshows, I need to put the
> \newglossaryentry commands within a frame (because I'm also using
> beamer's "ignorenonframetext" class option, so that I can have text
> that appears only in the article but not the slides). That is (if I
> have H:3):
>
> *** Some frame
> **** A block
>      Some text
>
> #+call: makegloss
> #+results: makegloss
>
> ... then the results of the src block to go into the frame, and then
> beamer doesn't ignore them and everything works.
>
> For the final article, I need a structure like this:

> * Day 1
> #+include "01-intro/01-contents.org"
>
> * Day 2
> #+include "02-synthesis/02-contents.org"
>
> And the problem is, if the #+call commands are replicated in each
> 0x-contents file, then I will have redundant \newglossaryentry
> commands in the LaTeX output (in the end, multiplied five times).
>
> If there's no other way, I could live with that, but ideally, I'd
> like to be able to put the #+call lines into the master file for the
> article, and then be able to suppress their execution in the
> #+includes. Ideally, this would be automatic based on the LaTeX
> document class.
>
> Any way to do this? I suppose, at worst, I can just put all of the
> #+call lines in, and simply say "no" to the ones I don't want in the
> final compilation.

Ugly hack, but what about redefining \newglossaryentry?

In general, since Org-to-LaTeX export is a bit "simplistic" (as
compared to (La)TeX itself), I guess that solving such problems on the
LaTeX side might be easier.  (That said, beamer is rather opposite of
"simplistic", so it might as well be not true...)

> Thanks,
> hjh

HTH,

--