Re: [O] Exporting text

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting text
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 17:09:02 -0500

Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 01:06:53PM -0500, Nick Dokos wrote:
>>
>> ...what happens if you replace org-article with just plain boring old
>> article?
>>

> Yeah, that worked. Unfortunately, though, I didn't get the Times font
> I was after.

The fact that it worked however says that the org-article class is
the culprit.

> Actually, Times was just going to be a stepping stone to what I really
> want ... a) sans-serif headings and b) Palatino as the base font.
>
> I'd welcome any suggestions on how to achieve those.

Why were you using org-article in the first place? Was it supposed to
help with the font choices? Bear in mind that I know nothing about
org-article.

So you have a choice to make: either fix org-article and continue using
it or throw it away and find some other way to do what you want.

For example, all you have to do to get Times is

#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{times}

Getting finer control should also be possible using basic latex
techniques. Whether that's a "better" way to go is of course
debatable: it depends on a lot of variables.

Nick