Re: [O] How to use ox-bibtex

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] How to use ox-bibtex
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 09:32:47 +0100

On 01/27/14, 15:36 , Eric Schulte wrote:
> "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
> writes:
>
>> Hello Eric. I finally try the examples you attached above, and
>> I'm getting a problem. The file is not imported, because of an
>> error "Wrong type argument arrayp, nil".
>>
>> Does anyone know what I am missing?
>>
>> Cheers
>>

> My guess is that something is messed up in either your version of
> Org-mode or your personal config.  Please try the following to
> reproduce.
>
> 1. launch a version of Emacs with Org-mode loaded but without your
> personal config, this may be conveniently done by running
>
> make vanilla
>
> from the base of your Org-mode installation.
>
> 2. evaluate the following
>
> (add-to-list 'load-path "contrib/lisp/") (require 'ox-bibtex)
>
> 3. open the example .org file attached previously (with the example
> .bib file in the same directory), and export to latex.
>
> You should now see appropriate \cite{ref} and \bibliography
> elements in the exported latex.  This all works for me, if you get
> an error please send the whole debug trace along with version info
> for your Org-mode and Emacs.

Thanks for this thread - very interesting. Just one correction (or is
it a bug?): Even the export to text - ASCII aborts the bibtex2htlm
installation.

But also: I don't get it to work. I evaluated (require 'ox-bibtex)
which worked, but export to te4xt and html gives the following error:

org-babel-exp process emacs-lisp at line 78...
if: Executing bibtex2html failed

but bibtex2html is installed (homebrew)

Export to LaTeX gives the attached .tex file, but the pdf contains
corrupt citations "[?]" and no bibliograhy.

Is this my setup? Bibliographies work in LaTex here.

Cheers,

Rainer

> Best,
>

>> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 4:37 PM, address@hidden <
>> address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you Eric, I'll try it asap! Cheers! On Jan 26, 2014 4:20

- --

- --
Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Stellenbosch University