Re: [O] (no subject)

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 02:11:21 -0500

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I'm having a tough time finding info on LaTeX with what makes a table
>>> left or right aligned (not the columns, but the table itself). Most of
>>> the hits are on how to *center* the table, which seems to suggest they
>>> will be left aligned by default.

Does something like this help?

* Align tables on the page

Here is a table on the left side:

#+LATEX: \noindent
#+ATTR_LATEX: :center nil
| a | b | c |
|---+---+---|
| 1 | 2 | 3 |
| 4 | 5 | 6 |
#+LATEX: \hfill

The noindent just gets rid of the indentation of the first line of a paragraph
which in this case is the table. The hfill adds infinite stretch after the
table,
so it pushes the table to the left.

Here is a centered table:

| a | b | c |
|---+---+---|
| 1 | 2 | 3 |
| 4 | 5 | 6 |

And here's a table on the right side:

#+LATEX: \hfill
#+ATTR_LATEX: :center nil
| a | b | c |
| 1 | 2 | 3 |
| 4 | 5 | 6 |

Here the hfill adds infinite stretch before the table, so it pushes the table
to the right.

Nick