[O] Org Grep news

From: François Pinard
Subject: [O] Org Grep news
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 09:55:58 -0500

Hi, gang. :-)

I took last two days as holidays, to let the pressure out a bit, and
used them to have mere fun with a few things, among which, Org Grep.

The tool used to have one main output, with Emacs commands to transform
that output "one-way" into two other formats.  I shuffled the code and
added more, so it can switch freely between those three formats, now
called "views".  Buttons on the title line ease that switching.

1. The [browse] view is read-only, with a few extra Emacs commands.
2. The [edit] view is full-Org editable, and uses transient checklists.
3. The [tree] view regroups grep hits by directory, hierarchically.

Org Grep yields [browse] view initially.  When there are many hits, one
can switch to the [tree] view and go pruning, using C-x C-c C-w, say,
retaining only what is most promising.  Then switch back to either
[browse] or [edit] on the reduced set of hits.  Convenient for me! :-)

François

P.S. For the curious, it's still https://github.com/pinard/org-grep .