[O] IDs w/ human friendly component

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: [O] IDs w/ human friendly component
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 14:39:15 -0500 (EST)

I've never cared that the ID field was not human friendly.

But I've just learned about the Estimate Table where you can see your estimates and actual clock time to complete tasks. If you want to see the estimates for the current tree, you need to know the ID, which is not human friendly.

It seems like with IDO mode, the first few characters or words of the title, stripped of whitespace, could be pre- or ap- pended onto the ID, and then it would be easy to select IDs. If this were how IDs were created, would this break some other features? Do others see this as a good or bad thing? Or is there some other way to tell the Estimate Table to work on the local tree.

Cheers,

  -k.