Re: [O] Preservation of white space in babel blocks, exporting to PDF

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Preservation of white space in babel blocks, exporting to PDF
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 19:33:22 -0600

On Feb 1, 2014 2:26 PM, "Nicolas Goaziou" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 2:28 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >> There is no discrepancy. You indent your code with tabs and these tabs
> >> appear in the TeX file, but Beamer cannot handle them properly. The same
> >> problem will arise in an example block.
> >
> > From whence comes this assumption? In the previous emails, I mentioned
> > the different treatment between src and example blocks with the same
> > code. I don't know why I'd complain about the .tex containing "some
> > sort of tab character" if I'd put it there myself!
>
> Again, you have `indent-tabs-mode' set to a non-nil value. This is what
> I mean by "you indent your code with tabs".

What do you mean, "again"? Have you mentioned that variable in this conversation yet? I've not done anything with that variable, as evidenced by the minimal config I sent. Thus, I take it that the default org setting is non-nil?

I am a bit frustrated by trying to be as clear as I could about the situation with reproducible examples, and then finding out the behavior was apparently obvious, but due to a variable I didn't know existed...

I'll try a fresh pull tomorrow as well as looking at indent-tabs-mode.

John