Re: [O] [RFC] Make QUOTE an export keyword instead of an element type

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Make QUOTE an export keyword instead of an element type
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 23:20:18 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

> For example, without a region, and not at an example block, it would
> probably turn the current line into a fixed-width area line.

Yes.

> But that doesn't make sense if the line is in a verbatim area, e.g.,
> an example block. An error could be returned then.

Yes, a user-error.

> Region handling is a bit more complex. What happens if the region
> doesn't start or end at the beginning of a line ?

Then we fix the region to start at the beginning of line before the
beginning (or point), and at the beginning of line before the end (or
point).

> What happens if the
> region contains both a fixed-width area and regular lines ?

The same than when there is no fixed-width area: we convert the region
into fixed-width.  Then converting back to a regular area will be easy
enough, and users are more likely to want this IMHO.

> Would you have any ideas about it?

Here you go.  Thanks in advance for your work on this!

--
 Bastien