Re: [O] Accessing #+EMAIL in LaTeX Export

From: R. Michael Weylandt
Subject: Re: [O] Accessing #+EMAIL in LaTeX Export
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 08:54:50 -0500

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 12:54 AM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> "R. Michael Weylandt" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> HI,
>>
>> I'm writing a latex export class which has an \email macro.
>>
>> Is it possible to autofill this macro using the #+EMAIL: property?
>> Looking at ox-latex.el, it seems that email is hardcoded to be placed
>> in \thanks{} but there might be a hook I'm missing.
>>
>> I thought that using a {{{ email }}} macro might work, but I keep
>> winding up with
>> \email{ {{{email}}} } in the produced LaTeX.
>>

> Not sure what your \email macro is supposed to look like or what
> it is supposed to do, but the {{{email}}} works for me, e.g. the
> following produces my italicized email in the output:

> #+EMAIL: address@hidden
>
> * foo
>
> This is my email: \emph{ {{{email}}} }.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for taking a look at this. Let me say a bit more about what I'm
trying to do:

I want org-mode to export to the "amsart" class by default. In
addition to the regular \title, \author, \date macros, amsart also
allows for "email".

--8<---------------cut here-------------start--------------->8---
(add-to-list 'org-latex-classes
       '("amsart"
         "\\documentclass{amsart}
          [DEFAULT-PACKAGES]
          [PACKAGES]
          [EXTRA]
          \\email{ {{{email}}} }"
          ("\\section{%s}" . "\\section{%s}")
           ("\\subsection{%s}" . "\\subsection{%s}")
           ("\\subsubsection{%s}" . "\\subsubsection{%s}")))

Running this on a document like:

--8<---------------cut here-------------start--------------->8---
#+TITLE: Test 1
#+AUTHOR: Michael Weylandt
#+EMAIL: address@hidden
#+LATEX_CLASS: amsart
* Header 1
Hello World

leaves me with "\email{email}" in the resulting LaTeX instead of
"address@hidden". Since this is used as part of
\maketitle, doing something in the body (like your example) is too
late.

The #+EMAIL: value is handled by ox-latex.el, but it's only placed
inside the \author{} macro instead of in a stand alone \email{}.
That's the behavior I'm hoping to tweak.

Is that clearer?

Thanks again,
Michael