Re: [O] plain lists folded by default

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] plain lists folded by default
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 14:18:41 -0500

Rémy Abergel <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Org users,
>
> do you know how to make plain lists folded by default?
> Currently I need to manually fold the item one by one.

Try this (but do read the doc for org-cycle-include-plain-lists
for some caveats):

#+STARTUP: overview

* Section 1

A paragraph here.

+ item 1 :: description
  some long text here
+ item 1.1 :: description comes here
  let us say that a long text comes here
+ item 1.2 :: description
  again let us say that a long text comes here.
+ item 2 :: some text

Another paragraph here.

* Section 2

when I unfold Section 1, I get what you can see above (plain lists are
unfolded), but I would like to get (by default) something like

* My section

A paragraph here.

 + item 1 :: description...
 + item 2 :: some text

 Another paragraph here.

* Another section

Currently I need to manually fold the item one by one.

# Local Variables:
# org-cycle-include-plain-lists: integrate
# End:

> Eventually being able to do cycling (by pressing [TAB] several time on
> section 1 in order to fold/unfold the items) would also be nice.

I think you get that for free.

--
Nick