Re: [O] Mismatch in url escaping between org and exported html

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Mismatch in url escaping between org and exported html
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 20:02:54 +0100

Hi Bastien

>From the commit of Rick Frankel for org-html-link (reformatted):

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (org-link-escape
   (org-link-unescape (concat type ":" raw-path))
   org-link-escape-chars-browser)
#+END_SRC

I would like to discourage the use of the constant
org-link-escape-chars-browser in favor of the function
org-link-escape-browser that should use, and finally can be replaced
with, the function url-encode-url available since Emacs 24.3.1. The
patch attached for review will fix an Org link like e. g.
[[http://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?idxname=emacs-orgmode&query=%252Bsubject:"Release+8.2";]]
with Emacs 24.3.1 now also for the Org export to HTML.

Some time ago I added url-encode-url already to the function
org-open-at-point. As this is not in maint and the attached patch
depends on it I intend to apply the latter only on master.

Michael