Re: [O] Emacs Mac Port

From: Haider Rizvi
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs Mac Port
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:15:59 -0500

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

>> If you are on a Mac, you *should* start using this:
>>
>> https://github.com/railwaycat/emacs-mac-port
>>
>> I've been having some serious issues with the vanilla Cocoa Emacs lately
>> on Mavericks, including a nasty memory leak that would somehow trigger
>> distnoted and put the CPU usage at 100% every hour or so.

Interesting, because with the Emacs (from emacsforosx.com), I have
been hitting 100% cpu problem again and again lately. I had tried out
this port, but I hit 2 issues and put it aside:

- with the same theme (solarized-dark), the background with the
railwaycat port is darker!  minor issue, of course.
- gnus (when trying to access nntps servers with gnutls) gets
stuck. I'll need to debug that, unless someone has a trick up their
sleeve.

I may just give it a try for my regular work, I run gnus in a
different Emacs, so that can continue to run on the other port.

Regards,
--
Haider