Re: [O] simple way to call `C-c a v' or a way to bind it to a key?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] simple way to call `C-c a v' or a way to bind it to a key?
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 18:34:07 +0100

Yasushi SHOJI <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Feb 15, 2014 11:38 PM, "Thorsten Jolitz" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> ,-------------------------------------------
>> | (global-set-key (kbd "<f12>") 'org-agenda)
>> `-------------------------------------------
>
> Thanks, but that's still two keys away. I want a single key to call
> the function.

`org-agenda' is just a dispatcher function, 'C-h f org-agenda' shows you
the specific functions you select with the second key, e.g.:

,-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| a     Call `org-agenda-list' to display the agenda for current day or week.
| t     Call `org-todo-list' to display the global todo list.
| T     Call `org-todo-list' to display the global todo list, select only
|       entries with a specific TODO keyword (the user gets a prompt).
| m     Call `org-tags-view' to display headlines with tags matching
|       a condition  (the user is prompted for the condition).
|
| More commands can be added by configuring the variable
| `org-agenda-custom-commands'.  In particular, specific tags and TODO keyword
| searches can be pre-defined in this way.

so instead of binding the dispatcher function to a global key you can
bind one or more of the specific functions, e.g.

--
cheers,
Thorsten