Re: [O] parser: verbatim or code?

From: Yasushi SHOJI
Subject: Re: [O] parser: verbatim or code?
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 13:19:12 +0900

Hi Nicolas,

At Sun, 16 Feb 2014 10:20:55 +0100,
Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> If we do change them, it should only happen in "org-element.el". I don't
> think that would break existing documents, as code and verbatim are
> really close to each other.
>
> I don't care either way. Though, I lean towards the first option, as
> I like "=" as verbatim (which may be the source of the initial
> confusion).

I'd suggest to keep documentation, and fix the code.

Because, our document serves our _user_ as the interface definition
and it's already been widely accepted.  Users expect to have marked up
code segment if they have =code= in their document.

;; It might be just me but I've been seen =code= in this mailing list
;; many times but never noticed ~code~, for example.
--
          yashi