Re: [O] [ANN] Firefox extension for org-protocol and org-capture

From: Erik Hetzner
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Firefox extension for org-protocol and org-capture
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 10:45:37 -0800

At Sat, 22 Feb 2014 17:27:26 +0100,
Olivier Schwander wrote:

> Le 21 Feb 2014 18:22, Erik Hetzner a écrit:
> > I had to start emacsclient in a terminal, probably because my emacs
> > was run with emacs --daemon ? I made a little wrapper script that runs
> > emacsclient in a terminal.
>
> Are you happy with the wrapper ? The other solution would be to give
> full control on the command line launched, but I think I will be too
> complex.

Hi Olivier,

I did a little more debugging. I think the issue I had is that if the
user starts emacs with `emacs --daemon` and has no current frame for
that emacs, your extension will not work, because the behavior of
emacsclient when no frame exists is to run in the terminal, and this
doesn’t work from Firefox.

Maybe the solution is to use the `-c` option to emacsclient by
default to create a new frame?

best, Erik

--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.