[O] Bad sexp at line when using org-contacts-anniversaries

From: Chaitanya Krishna
Subject: [O] Bad sexp at line when using org-contacts-anniversaries
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 14:37:26 +0100

Hello there,

This is more of a bug report.

I get a 'Bad sexp at line <n>' when using org-contacts-anniversaries in my org files like so.
* Calendar                                                         :calendar:
%%(org-contacts-anniversaries)

I figured out that this occurs when you have a contact in your contacts.org file with a BIRTHDAY property but no associated value. For example, this entry throws up an error.
** Nick
:PROPERTIES:
:EMAIL:
:FIRST_NAME: First
:LAST_NAME: Last
:BIRTHDAY:
:ADDRESS:
:PHONE:
:NOTE:
:END:

But this does not.
** Nick
:PROPERTIES:
:EMAIL:
:FIRST_NAME: First
:LAST_NAME: Last
:BIRTHDAY: 1971-01-01
:ADDRESS:
:PHONE:
:NOTE:
:END:

Would be nice if it is fixed or a solution proposed.

Regards,
Chai

--
42