[O] Include on file open?

From: Peter Davis
Subject: [O] Include on file open?
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 10:44:53 -0500

I'd like to put a kind of menu bar at the top of most of my .org pages, so I
can quickly jump around the most commonly edited files. I can do something like:

| [[file:first.org][first]] | [[file:second.org][second]] | ...

and simply include that in all my files. However, if I change the menu, I have
to go back and update all those files. A better approach would be to include an
up-to-date menu file
when each org file is opened, and maybe even reload to update the menu.
However, the #+INCLUDE: option only works at export time.

Is there a way to automatically include an external file when I open/reload a
.org file? Or is there a better way to create a menu or frequently visited
files?

Thanks!
-pd

--