Re: [O] [ANN] Lazy cache synchronization

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Lazy cache synchronization
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:25:01 +0700

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
> > Now, synchronization happens lazily, which means the cache is only
> > updated when and where needed, or during idle time. Therefore the cache
> > mechanism scales a lot better.

  I had been regularly tracking the performance of org-mode for big files, e.g.
a 18 Mb one with 380k lines (created only to test this).

  1. With last month's org-mode in emacs 24 I needed more than 5 minutes to
open it, and then moving around the file was too slow to be comfortable (local
editing was however acceptable).
  2. With the current one, it's only 10 seconds loading time, local editing is
still fast, and jumping around sections takes at most 2 seconds per move.

  So this change has made me stop worrying about files growing too fast, at
least for many years. Thanks!