Re: [O] Links in node-property

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Links in node-property
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 22:11:48 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

> Michael Brand <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Will org-open-at-point still support links in node-property?
>
> No. According to Org syntax, there are no links in property drawers.
> There are also no links in comments, example blocks, fixed-width
> areas...

Believe me, there *are* links in comments, I can see them :)

Right now, hitting C-c C-o on this link

# http://orgmode.org

in an org-mode buffer produces the attached backtrace, which is
a problem /per se/ (easily fixable, I guess.)

Anyway, not supporting links in comments does not feel right, as
links in comments are both frequent and useful.

I'm sorry for the frustration it will inevitably create, but at this
stage I suggest to simply revert the commits related to the rewriting
of `org-open-at-point'.  To my knowledge, there is no bug that this
rewrite fixes, there is no gain in speed, and only a regression (not
opening the next link) and a bug (see `org-agenda-open-link'.)

What do you think?

 Bastien