Re: [O] Bug -- Tag with space

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: [O] Bug -- Tag with space
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 15:01:46 -0800

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> David Masterson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I see that Org-mode places tags on the same line as the task header.  It
>> also puts whitespace between the header and the tags so that the tags
>> line up on the right side of the screen.  I think I've found that
>> org-mode doesn't line up the tags on the right side of the screen *IF*
>> one of the tags has a space in it.  Anyone else noticed that?
>
> Spaces are not allowed in tags, see the manual:
>
>   "Tags are normal words containing letters, numbers, ‘_’, and address@hidden"

Had that suspicion which is why I didn't file it as an official bug.  I
ran across this when setting up org-toodledo which will sync Org tasks
with Toodledo tasks.  Org-toodledo treats Toodledo Contexts as Org Tags
(with a prepended '@') and Toodledo allows Contexts with spaces.

Something to add to the documentation...

--
David Masterson