[O] [ob-calc] bug when given table data as a variable

From: Daniel Hackney
Subject: [O] [ob-calc] bug when given table data as a variable
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 22:34:42 -0500

I am trying to use data from a table in a calc source block, but I get
the following error when trying to eval the block:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
math-format-stack-value: Wrong type argument: symbolp, 10
#+END_EXAMPLE

Here is an example file which demonstrates the problem:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
Org version: 8.2.5h (org-20140224 from package)
Emacs version: 24.3.1

Run after starting Emacs with =emacs -Q=

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
(add-to-list 'org-babel-load-languages '(calc . t))
(require 'ob-calc)
#+END_SRC

#+NAME: the-table
| a |  b |   c |
|---+----+-----|
| 1 | 10 | 100 |
| 2 | 20 | 200 |
| 3 | 30 | 300 |
| 4 | 40 | 400 |

#+BEGIN_SRC calc :var data=the-table[,1]
1
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp :var data=the-table[,1]
(format "%s" data)
#+END_SRC
#+END_EXAMPLE

I'm not familiar with the workings of calc, but is there a workaround?

P.S. Please CC me in replies since I'm not subscribed to the list.

--
Daniel Hackney