Re: [O] Get to next NEXT headline with one key

From: Oleh
Subject: Re: [O] Get to next NEXT headline with one key
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 15:44:02 +0100

Hi Giacomo,

> Sorry for having been ambiguous, I meant the next headline with a "NEXT"
> todo keyword.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can try my new minor mode:
https://github.com/abo-abo/worf.

It's basically the same thing as speed commands, except it's got
different keys and different commands.
And commands work from start of #+... as well.

Here's how I've implemented the functionality that you want:

"j"/"k" are bound move down/up just like in vim, but they move by
headings or #+ markers.
But "K" can change their behavior temporarily: it will prompt you for
a char that corresponds to a keyword:
t - TODO
d - DONE
n - NEXT
c - CANCELLED

After a keyword is set, "j"/"k" will move by this keyword instead,
until any command other than "j"/"k" is issued (for instance "m",
which reveals heading). After that "j"/"k" will return to their
regular behavior.

As an example:

    So to move to the next NEXT, you can issue "Knj".
    One NEXT down after this: "j".
    Five NEXTs down: "5j".
    Back to the first NEXT: "6k".

Same thing, but with DONE:

    So to move to the next DONE, you can issue "Kdj".
    One DONE down after this: "j".
    Five NEXTs down: "5j".
    Back to the first DONE: "6k".

And if you're trying out the mode, make sure to try "g" and "h" - those
are my two favorites. `helm` and `ace-jump-mode` respectively are required
in order for these commands to work. I'm planning to add the package to MELPA,
so the dependencies would be downloaded automatically, but I don't want to add
it until I've assigned all the alphanumeric keys:)

regards,
Oleh