[O] Strange newline characters in org-export-as-html

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: [O] Strange newline characters in org-export-as-html
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 23:09:59 -0500

Hi,

Org version 7.9.3f with Emacs version 24. Running org-export-as-html.
Have these options:

#+TITLE: Creation and conservation of computer files (C3F)
#+AUTHOR: Grant Rettke
#+EMAIL: address@hidden
#+KEYWORDS: Literate Programming, Reproducible Research, Programming
Language, Lisp, Elisp, IDE, Emacs, Babel, org-mode
#+LANGUAGE: en

Just noticed tonight that in my exported source blocks, mostly
emacs-lisp, wherever there is a newline in the code, I get the
following
sequence exported for example this:

  (setq auto-mode-alist
        (append
         '(("\\.scm\\'" . scheme-mode)

becomes

<pre class="src src-emacs-lisp">(setq auto-mode-alist&#57344;&#57345;&#57345;
      (append&#57344;&#57345;&#57345;
       '((<span style="color: #2aa198;">"\\.scm\\'"</span> .
scheme-mode)&#57344;&#57345;&#57345;

which looks like this

Auto Modes 83
(setq auto-mode-alist
      (append
       '(("\\.scm\\'" . scheme-mode)
         ("\\.rkt\\'" . scheme-mode)

In a web browser, those block line things are not what I expect.

Thoughts:
1. My org document is using unicode symbols. Perhaps this is a bad thing.
2. I have wrong export as html settings.
3. I'm missing something.

Thoughts?

Regards,

--