Re: [O] Is anyone spending money for Org-mode?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: [O] Is anyone spending money for Org-mode?
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:49:47 -0700

> Dear all,
>
> I am still receiving donations for Org-mode, even though right now I
> am only formally the maintainer of Org (it is very difficult to make
> time free for me, currently). I would like to pass donations on to
> someone here who has expenses related to Org, because this does not
> feel right anymore.
>
> We used to have to pay for webhosting (which was generously donated by
> Jason), but dreamhost is hosting us now for free. Therefore i am not
> aware of any costs beyond the $15/yr I am paying for the domain.
> Please let me know if you know a good way to spend donations at this
> moment.

My suggestion would be to use the money to pay for enhancements to Org.
Take a look at the list of projects for Org, find the most difficult and
complex project(s), put the money into a fund to be given to the
developer(s) who provide the best approach to solving the problems
involved.

Wasn't there a website somewhere that provided a means for managing
this type of idea?  (Pledgie?)

--
David Masterson