Re: [O] [RFC] Association list between major-mode-names and babel identi

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Association list between major-mode-names and babel identifiers
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:27:20 +0100

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> due to the relatively frequent mismatches between language names
>> extracted from major-mode names and language identifiers used by
>> Org-Babel I try to build the definite translation alist between both
>> names.
>>

> The `org-src-lang-modes' variable should hold this list, elements not in
> the list simply append "-mode" to the end of the source name.

Oh, I see ... then I don't have to replicate this.

But what about R vs ess? I started to deal with this because R-mode is
actually just a dialect of ess-mode and returns 'ess-mode' when doing
M-: major-mode. OTOH putting a buffer in ess-mode makes no sense either,
its kind of an abstract super-mode, one has to call R-mode to get
something functional.

And what about upper/lower case? Only "C" for c-mode, or "c" too?

--
cheers,
Thorsten