Re: [O] Named latex blocks for inline execution?

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Named latex blocks for inline execution?
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 06:54:04 -1000

Aloha Phil,

Org mode has its own macros, which might work in this instance.

The variable org-babel-inline-result-wrap is set to "=%s=" by
default. Setting it as follows will get rid of the surrounding =
symbols:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (setq org-babel-inline-result-wrap "%s")
#+end_src

Alternatively, on my setup at least, call_Smx()[:results raw] will also
get rid of the surrounding = symbols.

The capitalization of "pi" seems to be related to capitalization of the
variable name "Contents".  This is new to me and I don't recall reading
about it in the documentation, but I haven't looked lately. At any rate,
if I name the variable "contents" then I get a lowercase "pi" in the
output.

My guess about the "backslash" part is that Org mode is expecting an
inline LaTeX math snippet to be on one line.  At any rate, this seems to
work for me:

#+name: Smx
#+begin_src latex :var contents="\\\\pi"
\begin{equation}
  \left[
    \begin{smallmatrix}
      contents