Re: [O] Extending the Org syntax by a custom exporter - how to do it?

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Extending the Org syntax by a custom exporter - how to do it?
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 12:05:22 -0400

Hi Marcin and Nicolas,

2014ko martxoak 16an, Nicolas Goaziou-ek idatzi zuen:

> Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I thought about it.  But, as I said, I'm going to have two backends,
>> one for LaTeX, one for HTML.  WOuld it be possible to have e.g.
>>
>> #+ATTR_TEST
>>
>> working for both?
>
> Of course. You decide, at the backend level, what attributes are read.
> For example, "ox-beamer.el" reads both "ATTR_LATEX" and "ATTR_BEAMER",
> when it makes sense.
>
>> (Anyway, options after #+BEGIN_MYBLOCK would be a bit nicer, since the
>> user would not have to type /that/ much.)
>
> This is backend specific data. It would not be nice to hide that fact.

I haven’t followed the thread closely, but it sounds like Marcin may be
considering both LaTeX and HTML output, which makes this not exactly
specific to a single backend.

> Options on the same line as the block opening string should be reserved
> for backend agnostic data. There is none for special blocks at the
> moment.

There is indeed no support for options on the #+begin_foo line.  But
special blocks, and indeed any other element, can take a #+header: line.
It can fulfill the same functions as an #+attr_foo: line, but is seen by
all backends.

HTH,

--
Aaron Ecay