Re: [O] babel completion notification

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] babel completion notification
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 15:05:43 -0600

Hi Ken,

Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:

> I see from old emails to this list that asynchronous babel does not
> exist and is non-trivial to implement.

Yes, at least my initial attempts to implement this did not succeed (see
line 100 of ob-comint.el), and I haven't had the time to revisit the
issue.  In actuality it may not be that much work to provide for
asynchronous evaluation (at least in most cases).

> Until asynchronous babel exists, it would be nice to at least be
> notified when long-running tasks complete. Does anyone have advice how
> to set up a hook on babel completion so that growl or some other
> system notification alerts, perhaps only if the execution took more
> than x seconds?

You can use the org-babel-after-execute-hook to run any action after a
code block finishes executing.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte