Re: [O] [patch][ox-html] Support for level based containers

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [patch][ox-html] Support for level based containers
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 04:31:32 +0100

Rick Frankel <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 11:26:28PM +0100, Rasmus wrote:
>> Rick Frankel <address@hidden> writes:

>> > I don't think it's a bad change, but i have a couple of concerns:
>> >
>> >     1. It's a breaking change.
>> >     2. The default should mimic the current functionality:
>> >        ='((div . div))=
>> >     3. The customization should be more structured, not just a
>> >        string (see e.g., =org-html-text-markup-alist=.)
>> >
>> > Attached is a modification of the patch which fixes 2 & 3. #1 is a
>> > question more for Nicolas & Bastien...
>>
>> It seems you modified v1 rather than v2 that I send last night¹?  I'm
>> not sure if point 1 holds in the second revision as it explicitly
>> allows for a string as now. I think I disagree with your point 2 as it
>> only shows up when you use HTML5-fancy.  On point 3,
>
> But not everyone using html5-fancy would agree with your choice of
> hierarchy, and it should be up to indvidual users to add additional
> semantic structure to the output.

It's a variable that you can set in your project or in your Org file
or in your init file.  I don't see why div × 3 is better than section
article div or something else conditional on two variables being
explicitly set to get fancy HTML5. . .  In any case, I don't have
strong—if any—preferences on this.

>> org-html-text-markup-alist is nice.  What do you want to see in
>> addition to the current structure (in patch v2)?
>
> Somehow I never saw the original thread, only the email cc'ing me
> directly. I went to gmane to find the patch, and obviously grabbed the
> wrong one.
>
> Could you please send me the (new) patch so that i can review it?

Here's the Gmane link.  I believe it's different than what you
reviewed before, but perhaps I'm wrong. . .

>> Footnotes:
>> ¹   http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/83635

—Rasmus

--