Re: [O] HTML table export options essentially undocumented

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: [O] HTML table export options essentially undocumented
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 15:41:39 +0900

Hello,
** James Harkins [2014-03-18 13:52:10 +0800]:

> The documentation here seems rather un-detailed.

> http://orgmode.org/manual/Tables-in-HTML-export.html#Tables-in-HTML-export

> What I wanted to do was to have vertical rules between all columns, but not
> horizontal rules. Neither this section of the documentation, nor the
> docstring for org-html-table-default-attributes, provide any details on how
> to do this.

> It's a rather busy day and I'm not in the mood to scour through the elisp
> sources, so, could someone please enlighten (and fix the docs)?

AFAIU, in current state table decoration is hard coded into exporter.
But that doesn't mean you cannot change they style. Take a look on this
small example:
------------------------------ 8< ------------------------------
#+TITLE: Table with borders
#+AUTHOR: Vladimir Lomov
#+HTML_HEAD_EXTRA: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="tbl.css" />

* Small table

| Name         | Address        |
|--------------+----------------|
| Clifford, A. | Kensington Av. |
| Euler, G     | Krechet Str.   |

* CSS Style                                                        :noexport:

#+BEGIN_SRC css :tangle tbl.css
  table {
    border: solid 1px;
  }
  td {
    border: solid 1px;
  }
#+END_SRC

How to try: tangle the SRC block and then export the document into HTML.
Open it in any web-browser that supports CSS.

> hjh

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Some people have a way about them that seems to say: "If I have
only one life to live, let me live it as a jerk."