Re: [O] org-export-latex-hyperref-options-format

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] org-export-latex-hyperref-options-format
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 08:26:20 -1000

Aloha Nick,

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> Aloha Nick,
>>
>> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> #+BIND is supposed to bind the variable *during export*. The test is to
>>> run the export and see if the hyperref stuff is gone from the tex file.
>>>
>>> Nick
>>
>> I did run the export and the hyperref stuff was still in the tex file.
>>
>> I'm exporting asynchronously--perhaps that's the problem?  The old
>> expecting that BIND would do the same.
>>

> I tried both with and without async (deleting the tex file before
> starting each time - I also used the default latex class, since I don't
> have plos-devel): either way the hyperref stuff was gone.

It is part of an Org mode template for the open access journal PLOS
One.  You can find it here, if need be:
http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/plos-one-template-worg.html

The template is set up to produce two pdf files, one with hyperref and
the other without.  I suspect this is the root of the problem I'm
having.  The old option used to suppress the hyperref stuff in one of
the tex files, but kept it available for the other tex file.

Somehow, the logic of that has changed and I suspect I'm going to have
to find a way to set up hyperref for the document that needs it, rather
than shutting it off for the document that doesn't need it.

I had a look at ox-latex and the PLOS One template this morning over
coffee, but wasn't able to find a smoking gun.

Your simple test case works as expected here.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye