Re: [O] A minor problem with exporting to html

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] A minor problem with exporting to html
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 09:44:59 +0100

Dnia 2014-03-23, o godz. 09:18:45
Bastien <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):

> Hi Marcin,
>
> Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > exporting to HTML messes up with the kill ring (all the exported
> > content is put on top of the the kill ring).  Am I the only one
> > experiencing this?  Is it a feature or a bug?
>
> (setq org-export-copy-to-kill-ring nil)
>
> I'm all for using nil as the default value by the way.
>
> Would anyone strongly oppose to this?

Ooops, it's all in the manual...

But I'd strongly suggest making nil the default value.  I find the
current setting strongly unintuitive (unless one read the manual, that
is;)), and not really needed (at least for me).  If I have the export
results in a separate buffer or file, why would I need them in the kill
ring?  Besides, I often want to do something like this: kill a fragment
of my buffer (usually some option, but not necessarily), export the
file, decide that I preferred the previous version, and yank it back.
Obviously, I can use undo - but what about yanking it in another place,
for instance?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski