Re: [O] HTML export is using the wrong browser

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] HTML export is using the wrong browser
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 17:44:20 +0800

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
> Off topic, sort of, but on Debian, as root:
>
>   update-alternatives --config sensible-browser
>
> will allow you to change the default.

In my case, this was not successful.

As shown in this question, Firefox is already the default in
update-alternatives, but the alternative that it consistently chooses
is *not* the default. This makes me think that the alternatives system
is perhaps poorly designed.

Changing the default in org-file-apps to "firefox %s" for HTML -- that
definitely works, by bypassing sensible-browser altogether. Thanks,
Bastien, for the tip.

hjh