[O] emphasis borders, double quotes, and export

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: [O] emphasis borders, double quotes, and export
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:58:08 +0100

Hello,

I have removed the single and double quote characters from my
configuration of the emphasis borders:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (setcar (nthcdr 2 org-emphasis-regexp-components) " \t\n,")
  (custom-set-variables `(org-emphasis-alist ',org-emphasis-alist))
#+end_src

However, the latex export of the following file is not correct.

This is a string: ~"Nil"~.

The generated latex is as follows (I show just the fragment of
interest):

#+begin_src latex
This is a string: \textasciitilde{}"Nil"\textasciitilde{}.
#+end_src

I see the same problem with html export.

Note that syntax highlighting works correctly.

Is this a bug?

Thanks,

Alan