[O] Add TODO from external app?

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: [O] Add TODO from external app?
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 10:41:16 -0500

I've seen various things for interacting with org mode from external apps. I found org-protocol, as well as a Mutt-to-org mode article. Per the tittle, I want to be able to add new TODO items from, say, an email or a PHP-based web page form. Is this just brute force external file manipulation, i.e., e.g., my PHP code would simply open a .org file and concatenate a properly formatted TODO line . . . or are there more sophisticated ways of talking to emacs/org-mode from without?

LB