Re: [O] PATCH -- allow user to set minted style

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] PATCH -- allow user to set minted style
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2014 09:42:20 +0200

Michael Weylandt <address@hidden> writes:

> On Apr 4, 2014, at 16:24, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

>> You can add a string at the end of `org-latex-packages-alist' that will
>> be inserted in the header.
>
> Didn't know that -- thanks! Perhaps the docstring could include that.

Indeed. I'll add it in a while.

>> Anyway, since there is no reliable way to detect if a package will be
>> required at Org level, this patch cannot work properly.
>
> Not sure I follow: I'm piggy-backing on the same condition Org uses to
> determine whether to insert \minted blocks for source code.

There's nothing to follow, actually. I misread the code and my sentence
is irrelevant here. Please scratch that.

> For anyone who wants it:
>
> (defun org-latex-minted-style-filter (contents backend info)
> (if (string-match "\\usepackage{minted}" contents)
> (replace-regexp-in-string "usepackage{minted}"
> (format "usepackage{minted}\\\\usemintedstyle{%s}"
> org-latex-minted-default-style) contents)))
>
> (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-final-output-functions
> 'org-latex-minted-style-filter)

Thanks for sharing. You may also want to wrap your code within:

  (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'latex) ...)

so your filter kicks in only when exporting to LaTeX and alike.

> Anyways, even if the idea is rejected thanks for taking a look and for
> all your work on Org Mode.

"ox-latex.el" has support for quite a few packages already. Defining one
variable for every single feature in all of them doesn't seem realistic.
I'd rather do it only for common packages and commonly customized
features. Of course, this is only a guideline.

In this case, I have the feeling that we should avoid creating yet
another "minted" variable for a simple one-liner.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou