Re: [O] Kill ring contains non-killed output after an export

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] Kill ring contains non-killed output after an export
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2014 10:37:36 -0700

Hi Konstantin,

Konstantin Kliakhandler <address@hidden> writes:

> Whenever I export an org file to pdf, subsequently my kill-ring contains
> the tex code of the intermediate latex stage.
> What I would expect to get: the last thing I killed.

The behavior you are seeing is as expected, though I agree that this
behavior is usually not all that useful.  See the variable
org-export-copy-to-kill-ring if you want to turn it off.

Changing the default value of this variable was recently discussed on
this list:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/84048/focus=84055

Looks like there haven't been any strong objections to changing it, but
maybe the subject of this thread will grab some more attention for the
issue.

Best,
Richard

(If possible, please encrypt your reply to me using my PGP key:
Key ID: CF6FA646
Fingerprint: 9969 43E1 CF6F A646.
See http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~rwl/encryption.html for more information.)